Saturday, December 06, 2008

Vacation- Part 1 (from Ethan)

And I even got to drive the Corvette- thanks for letting us stay with you Miss Susan- we hope to talk Kristy and her family into coming back down this summer and seeing you again!!
And here's Hannah and I on the Harley- my first biker babe is my sister, how embarassing- I hope no one from school sees this picture.

Then we got to Miss Susan's house (mommy's friend from Medical School). They had 2 big dogs which Hannah and I loved- Hannah would point to them and day "da" and they were great at letting us jump on them and "hug" them. Miss Susan (ok, most likely her husband Mr Jason who was out of town had all the cool toys, but Miss Susan let us play with them!!). Here's Hannah ON the pool table- and mom and dad let her!! I had to stand on a chair- something about her being a baby and me being big- no fair, but it was still a lot of fun!!




Our next stop after Henry and June's was the North Carolina Zoo (we have a Toledo Zoo pass which got us in free, I'm pretty sure that's the only reason mom and dad took us) it was a lot of fun and there was a playground made out of flowers and garden things- very cool. I talked into a bee and daddy heard me in the flower way on the other side. It was a beautiful day and warm (was in the 60's!!).


We first went to Athens and spent the night in a hotel- the roads were bad until Marysville and got even better through Columbus, so we were happy to not drive on bad roads through the mountains. We saw Fr Marty (who married mom and dad) and Wendy (the church secretary who gave me a truck) at the church mommy went to when she was in Athens- it was great to see them again and look at mommy's old school. Hannah and I slept the whole way to Athens, we thought that would be a bad thing for Hannah, but it turns out I was the stinker- Hannah slept all night in the hotel, but I was so excited to see Henry the next day that I stayed up til 4AM wondering around the hotel room- good thing the walls were thin because mom and dad kept saying something about beating- but I'm too fast and too cute for them. To see pictures of Henry's House (we had a great time!!), check out their blog.




No comments: